SCO-SOC Québec 2019
Meeting of the Society of Canadian Ornithologist, Québec City, August 27-30, 2019
The Society of Canadian Ornithologist is a national organization that strives to fulfill its mandate in both of Canada's official languages, English and French. In 2019, the society will hold a solo meeting in Quebec City for its annual meeting. On this occasion, the organizing committee adopted a language policy to guide the use of English and French in order to create an inclusive and respectful linguistic environment.
- The SCO-SOC Québec 2019 Committee will strive to provide bilingual content on its website, as well as greetings and provides services in the two official languages.
- Participants may present a paper (oral or poster) in English or French. However, it is strongly recommended that oral communications in one language provide visual support in the other official language. Similarly, scientific posters written in one language should provide a summary of their studies in the second official language.
- All paper proposals (oral or poster), whether for a symposium or not, may be submitted in English or French. However, it is strongly recommended that the language of the title and abstract reflect the main language of the poster or the language that will be used during the oral presentation.
- Due to financial constraints, the SCO-SOC Québec 2019 Committee is not in a position to offer linguistic support for translation assistance or simultaneous translation services during the meeting. Similarly, the SCO-SOC Québec 2019 Committee is not in a position to provide a proceeding with summaries in both official languages. Thus, the titles and abstracts of all papers (oral or poster) will be published in the language of their submission.
- Moderators or symposium chairs are not required to be bilingual. However, in all circumstances, the committee encourages all participants to adopt an open attitude and to implement mutual language assistance actions.